Review: Busy People's fast & frugal cookbook


I love cooking with my mom and inventing new recipes. The good thing about this cookbook is that everything takes less than 30 minutes to make, and it doesn't have a lot of ingredients. I especially liked the dessert section since my mom doesn't make dessert too much. But, if I'm willing to make it she's willing to buy the ingredients.

Even if you don't want your kids baking and using the oven, there are recipes for them to learn. The first dessert recipe is Pineapple Cherry Delight. It takes yogurt, crushed pineapple, splenda, pecans, maraschino cherries, and mini marshmallows. You just mix it up! It's so easy. I like to put this into fancy ice cream cups and it's pretty healthy with the fruit, yogurt, and nuts.

Another easy recipe is Chocolate Cinnamon Pecan-covered Marshmallows (can you tell that marshmallows are one of my favorite foods?) You melt the chocolate and add cinnamon, marshmallows, pecans, and salt. I like to take this for a snack to school in a baggie.

There are also a lot of beverage recipes. I like the strawberry smoothie recipe the best. My mom lets me have that before bed.

Even though this is not a kids book, it's easy for kids to do the recipes in here and learn to cook. There are so many different things to make and every recipe really is easy. My dad said he'll help me make the baked beans wiht smoked sausage this weekend. It just takes sausage, onion, butter beans, baked beans, brown sugar flavored barbeque sauce, and brown sugar splenda. It sounds really yummy and I love hot dogs and franks so this sounds really good.

If you want an easy recipe book if you're just getting started cooking, try this one!

0 comments: