The Word of Promise New Testament Audio Bible NKJV

I love audio bibles and have been using them for the past few years to get my mind more engaged with the scripture. I have found that I tend to absorb the words differently when hearing them rather than reading them. It's not that one form is better than the other, I just get different mental reactions to the two and interpret things differently.

The Word of Promise New Testament Audio Bible, NKJV has helped me to visualize and feel the interactions, whereas when reading I turn more inward and become reflective on how I can apply or understand the message better.

My daughter and son both LOVE this audio bible. In fact, both of the kids have been known to go to bed with one of the CD's in their CD player at night. Their exposure and understanding of the scripture is so much more than when I was their age when I basically read along once a week while in church.

Although I'm not going to recommend this one over the other options out there, I would recommend that you visit the publishers web sites to sample the dramatization and see which one feels right for you.

The link for this one is:


There are several options ranging from New Testament, Old Testament, to full Bible. My daughter especially enjoys the Next Generation Version which features teen celebrities doing the reading (more like acting!). They also come in MP3 version which is great if you are just going to rip MP3's to your ipod, computer, or other music device. Otherwise, if you are primarily listening on your home stereo or on a car CD player, they have the CD version which takes many more discs.

I really recommend this as a gift for time pressed people or older people whose eyesight is starting to fail them.

0 comments: