Review: Biblezine Revolve 2010, The Complete New Testament

Mom-approved Biblezine!

Do you remember being a teenager and thinking you knew everything? "No Parental Advice Needed" was my attitude and no matter what advice my parents tried to give me, I pretty much took it with a grain of salt. This Biblezine however, gives advice without being too parental. The "experts" in here are generally young adults in touch with todays lifestyles and problems.

The New Testament presented in Revolve 2010 Biblezine has frequent subtitles highlighting the lesson or story being presented. I found that especially useful to call attention to what the story is about. In between reading the New Testament teens will pick up conservative beauty advice, learn about recycling and donating, and be motivated to eat right and exercise. There was a little too much "beauty and boys" talk, but nothing was offensive to me as a parent of a teen and a tween.

Some of the advice was very useful and some not-so-much so. For example, there was a little article recommending using double sided tape to keep your bra attached to your clothes so it doesn't slip down. How did the contributors come up with that one? Yet, I found about half of the articles to be helpful to teens, bearing the advice that parents would love to give if their teens would just listen.

Overall, this is a great way to keep teens reading and the magazine-styel will fit nicely into a backpack alongside their binders and notebooks. I highly recommend this to teen girls 14-17.

A complimentary copy was provided to me by Thomas Nelson and their Booksneeze program.

0 comments: